Tuesday 23 July 2013

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

 Maybelline was the first ever brand that I had tried foundations from (Now that's a couple of years ago!), my favourite of-course was Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid. However, after realising that there was more to the foundation world than just liquid bottle types, I decided to venture on in what would become my foundation journey!

Dream Matte Mousse appealed to me purely because it was a mousse foundation and I had never seen anything like it, most likely due to the fact that I considered myself to have been a beginner in make-up at that time. As a girl with oily skin the 'matte' claims of this product attracted me also, as I wasn't a fond user of using foundation/setting powder.

A big plus for this product is that it comes in a variety of shades from pale to dark and can be picked up from Boots for £7.69. I have this foundation in 030 Sand, a golden toned light-medium shade perfect for anyone around NC20-25 with yellow undertones.

 As you can see this foundation really does have a mousse texture

This definitely provides medium-full coverage, it can be built up but I suggest that you do this lightly as due to the matte finish it can look slightly cakey. I've also found that this works well as a concealer on top of any other foundation as it is highly pigmented and doesn't budge.

Maybelline suggests that you should start from the middle of the face and work outwards, I do recommend this as it helps you to blend this foundation in easier by working on one part of the face at a time.

Whilst I was using this foundation as a beginner I only applied it using my fingertips, I've now used this in a variety of methods and find that either using a stippling brush or your fingertips are the best method of application as paddle brushes can cause this mousse to cake as it is quite dry in texture so may be difficult to blend for some who aren't as skilled in blending.

However, if you definitely want full coverage, a sponge is your best option as it truly picks up the bulk of the product and distributes a more heavier, pigmented amount to cover any flaws. The key is to blend, blend, blend!
When the lid is secured, no foundation escapes from the tub
 '' Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is a revolutionary whipped formula, providing an air-soft, perfect matte finish coverage, with a weightless feel.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is a breakthrough in technology with flexible, silicone polymers to help prevent caking.
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse colour pigments give superior coverage that blend effortlessly to impart a soft, natural-looking, even-toned result. ''
Swatched (left), Blended (right)
I am quite tanned at the moment so this foundation does appear to look quite light when blended onto my skin, not a problem as bronzer does the job!

This foundation does last a long time on the skin, around 6 hours wear before shine appears anywhere on my face - very good in my opinion! I'd consider this to be a bit too much for daytime wear, yet perfect for night time as it lasts a long time, contains no SPF that will cause a 'ghost' effect in pictures and covers every flaw.

A good drugstore/highstreet buy, I recommend grabbing one of these as soon as you see any promotional offers! 


Overall:

Price: 8/10
Amount of product: 8/10
Product Claims: 8/10 
Packaging: 8/10
Texture: 8/10 
Skin Type: Preferably Oily Skin Types
Repurchase: Likely

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx