Wednesday 10 July 2013

Loreal Colour Riche Quad | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

 Here I have Loreal's Colour Riche Quad in Velours Noir. I got this at Boots on offer for £5.99 when it was first released, it retails for around £7.99 but I'm sure you can find one on offer somewhere! Anyway, I was eager to get my hands on beige trench (Which was sold out everywhere!) I came home, slightly disappointed but that was until I opened my beautiful new eyeshadow palette...


I was initially attracted to the quad purely because you can see the shadows right through the palette (ggggggorgeous!) and the gold edges just makes you feel ultimately glamorous like Loreal Ambassadors Cheryl Cole and Eva Longoria, just about...

But prepare to be saddened, as your quad is VERY scratch/mark prone and boy does it show!
 It literally took me forever to take a picture of my quad that did the eyeshadows justice (As you can see, I failed uh oh) but luckily for me the swatches pictures were lovely enough to pass this!

As you can see you get 4 shades, one highlight shade that contains shimmer ( order from top left), a silver shade with traces of glitter, a brown coloured matte shade and a taupe coloured matte shade.

 Here are some swatches! 

As you can see these eyeshadows are highly pigmented, exceeding my expectations for a drug store brand as I'm quite the snob when it comes to eyeshadows as MAC and Urban Decay are my knights in shining armour!

These eyeshadows I wore both with and without a primer (UD Original Primer Potion), they wore all night with the primer which is expected especially when it comes to UD. Anyway, without a primer these shadows are pretty tough! They lasted me around 6 hours until they started to fade with my oily lids, which is very good in my opinion.
The downfalls? The matte shades are very good contenders as they did not smudge or fade (with primer), I think it helps that they are dark, neutral colours! However I did find the glittery shades more disappointing as I did experience fall out, quite a lot of fall out to be exact. Disco Ball Face Calling!

So I definitely recommend that if you were to use the Velours Noir palette, that you use a different highlight shade! This will probably apply to other glittery shades across the palette collection as I do find that a lot of glittery drug store shadows produce a lot of fall out.(If you know any that don't, throw em' my way!)

Overall:
Not bad value, good pigmentation. Creates a nice smokey eye. I would only use 2/4 Shades, too much fall out from the glittery pair! Defeats the point of it being a quad though really...


Price: 8/10
Amount of product: 9/10
Product Claims: 7/10
Packaging: 6/10
Texture: 6/10
Skin Type: All
Repurchase: No

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx