Thursday 11 July 2013

Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

 I purchased the Tea Tree Pore Minimiser from The Body Shop at £7.50 for 30ml (1.0flOz) of product.
The packaging is reasonably attractive, it is tailored to match all of the Tea Tree range at The Body Shop with its green tube and leaf background. Its perfect for travel as none of the product can escape from the twist cap tube and small enough to fit into your bag without taking up too much room!

...

I initially bought this as I would like to use products that have added skin care benefits, considering that this product contains tea tree oil I thought that I could keep my pores hidden and skin matte whilst healing any blemishes or breakouts in the process.

This is not tailored to pro long makeup wearing time!
 All of the ingredients are listed underneath the label presented at the back of the tube.
''Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Silica (Absorbent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Isododecane (Solvent), Talc (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Sodium Polyacrylate (Film Former/Viscosity Increasing Agent), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Epilobium Fleischeri Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant) ''
Thats a long list of ingredients!
IS NOT OIL FREE. Contains Silica and Talc
Which are ingredients that I've found to block pores, this varies for me depending on where it is listed on the ingredients as this has the tendency to determine whether it is one of the main ingredients of the product (If listed right a the beginning). Bare this in mind!
The product is easy to dispense and remains very hygienic as you never have to 'scoop' any product and the thick screw top lid ensures that no nasties get into your tube nor does any product leak out!

The claims remind me a lot of Benefits Porefessional don'tcha think?
 '' Our new Tea Tree Pore Minimiser makes pores look smaller. Infused with Community Fair Trade organic tea tree oil, it smoothes, primes and mattifies, and leaves skin feeling fresh and pure.
  • Minimises the appearance of pores
  • Matifies for a shine-free finish
  • Leaves skin feeling fresh and pure
  • Ideal base for make-up ''
 Before application 
You should use this 'primer' pore minimiser after moisturising but before applying makeup to prep your skin for the perfect base.

I don't really have excessively large pores however my pores are prone to clogging! So I thought that this product could help be somewhat a protective 'barrier' since it contained tea tree, as I use Superdrugs own Tea Tree brand blended oil on my problem areas that need help healing and that works amazing on my skin!
After Application
Once applied, my skin appears to be slightly more smoother with a soft feel and there is a strong scent of tea tree that wears off after a few minutes. It has a balmy texture and is white in colour, that glides on transparent and will suit a variety of skinones.  It is quick and simple to apply that dries to a matte finish instantly so that you can immediately proceed to apply your base!

I found that it did mattify my skin and keep my oil at bay for around 3-4 hours until my forehead began to look a bit shiny,my skin still looked smooth and was fixed up with a bit of powder. However what scared me was what I saw after I removed my makeup...


BREAKOUT ALERT! and boy did I, this left me with multiple red bumps and white heads everywhere! Just as I thought that this product was helping my skin, it was doing the complete opposite. This is probably due to the silica and talc present in the ingredients and as I am aware my skin is quite sensitive to being congested when in contact with these ingredients.

Overall:
This product was fab up until I discovered that it had broken me out! I did try the product a further 5 more times but yet again I broke out :( I guess if your skin isn't sensitive to talc or silica, that you give it a whirl as it may do wonders for you!

Price: 7/10
Amount of product: 8/10
Product Claims: 7/10 - A 7 because it did its job, just broke me out!
Packaging: 9/10
Texture: 8/10
Skin Type:All Skintypes, preferably oily types 
Repurchase: I'll have to pass on this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx