Sunday 21 July 2013

Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

 I recently featured a poll on my blog, asking which 'base' product shall I give you all a review on next, here is the winner of that poll! Collection (Previously Collection 2000) Illuminating Touch Concealer.

There are 3 shades in total, I have shade Natural and I purchased this at Superdrug for £4.99 rrp.

Sleek, travel-friendly packaging with a twist up and brush application which is very similar to all the 'illuminating' concealers out there at the moment, hailing from the Queen YSL Touché Eclat concealer.

I've never tried an illuminating concealer with this type of applicator before, despite its price I'd consider it quite the catch!
The Claims
''Helps conceal dark circles and blemishes. Light diffusing particles naturally illuminate eyes.''
 Here is the brush where the concealer actually dispenses from, you can either use the concealer straight from the brush and swipe, swipe (I often use it this way as I'm rushing!) or use any preferred concealer brush you have of your own to apply this.
 One annoying, little thing...
Due to the lid being transparent, you can quite clearly see all of the excess concealer which has wiped all over the lid which then transfers onto the rest of the concealer that gets covered by the lid - aaaargh!

Also, if you twist too much you may dispense too much product - wasted concealer eek! Make sure that you twist the end as less as possible as you may end up with too much product that you cannot use.
 Swatched(left), Blended (right)
 Before any application but after moisturising
 Mid application
It's not overly thick nor is it runny, giving it a nice texture and making it easy to blend out either using a brush or finger tips! I suggest using your fingers for a more natural look and a brush for more of a dramatic brightening effect for at night.

You can also use this highlighter on the cheekbones or brow bone.
After application

As you can see the concealer has brightened my under eye area, as for dark circles I prefer using this concealer on top of foundation as I feel that it 'lifts' the darkness of the area. However in days where I am in a rush or feeling a bit lazy (Quite often I must admit) I tend to just spot regular concealer on any blemishes and use the Collection Illuminating concealer as I have shown!

For £4.99 this concealer actually works quite well, I would say on its own this concealer lasts me around 6 hours and when underneath foundation/topped with powder this lasts ages!

If you use powder to set the concealer you will find that you will dampen the 'highlighting' qualities it gives, so I suggest using an illuminating powder or use a regular powder with highlighting powder over the top to keep the glow under your eyes.


Overall:

Price: 9/10
Amount of product: 6/10
Product Claims: 7/10 
Packaging: 6/10
Texture: 9/10 
Skin Type: All Skin Types
Repurchase: Its cheap and effective, Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx